Email List Rules and Guidelines
The Naglee Park email list serves the community by providing an unmoderated, respectful venue for neighborhood communications. The list should improve communications, foster involvement, and help maintain a quality neighborhood.
The strength of this list is its members. They are the lists greatest asset and must be treated with respect and tolerance. List members should work together to maintain the list as a valuable neighborhood resource. Toward that end, list members are encouraged to use the following guidelines:
- List members should follow good etiquette. The Core Rules page on the Good Netiquette site, http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html provides useful information on email communications.
- List members should respond to requests for information directly to the person who requested the information and not to the whole list. List members who request information should post a summary back to the list once they have received all the responses.
- List members should not engage in one-on-one discussions on the list. If you have a topic that is of interest to just a few list members, please take it offline. You may wish to post a message to the list that you are taking a discussion offline and if members want to participate they should email you. List members engaged in a private discussion may want to post a summary back to the list, once the discussion is complete.
In addition to these guidelines, the List Policy Committee has set the following list rules.
- Personal attacks on other people are unacceptable. Be as courteous to your neighbors online as you would be in person.
- You should provide your name and general address (i.e. 400 block S 14th) or neighborhood affiliation on your posts to the list. You should not post to the list using an alias.
- The list of member email addresses may not be distributed.
- Email from the list should not be reposted elsewhere without permission of the author. Do not send private email to the list without the author's permission.
List members who disregard list rules may be warned by the list committee; repeated violations may result in temporary or permanent removal from the list.
The Naglee Park email list is run by the Campus Community Association (CCA). If you have questions about list policies or are not sure if a post might be appropriate, feel free to contact the CCA List Policy Administrator, email@example.com, for guidance.
Before using the list, members should review and agree to the Email List Terms and Conditions:
The Naglee Park email list is provided to you under the Campus Community Association's (CCA) sole discretion. By using the email list, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- We will not be liable to you or to any third party if we discontinue our service to you or if we modify or discontinue this service.
- You acknowledge and agree that you assume full responsibility for any unlawful, threatening, libelous, obscene, harassing, abusive or offensive material contained in your communications though this service, any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising from your communications through this service, or any crime facilitated by your communications through this service.
- You are solely responsible for your communications through this service.
- Your use of the service is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
- You agree: (a) to comply with US law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States through the service; (b) not to use the service for illegal purposes;(c) not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the service; and (d) to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the service.
- We make use of the Internet to send and receive certain messages; therefore, your conduct is subject to Internet regulations, policies and procedures. You will not use the service for chain letters, junk mail, spamming or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process.
- You shall not interfere with another participant's use and enjoyment of the service or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
- We may, at our sole discretion, immediately terminate service should your conduct fail to conform with these terms and conditions.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Campus Community Association , their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees and members, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of participant's use of the service, the violation of these terms and conditions by you, or the infringement by you, or other user of the service using your computer, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
- We may terminate the service with or without cause at any time and effective immediately. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of service.
- Participants agree that any posts made to the list may be used in CCA printed materials.