National Night Out
National Night Out, www.nationaltownwatch.org/nno is an annual, nation-wide program organized by the National Association of Town Watch that is designed to heighten crime prevention awareness, generate support for local anti-crime programs; strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships and send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
Each year on the first Tuesday in August, communities participate in National Night Out by leaving porch lights on, holding front-porch vigils, and hosting events that bring neighbors out of their homes and into the neighborhood.
The CCA provides funds to Naglee Park neighbors who host National Night Out events including barbecues, ice cream socials, and neighborhood get-togethers.
In 2010, Naglee Park National Night Out events included:
- BBQ and potluck hosted by Paula and John Arnold
- Ice Cream Social hosted by the Margason’s and Claras’
- S'Mores and Dessert Potluck hosted by Kris Dessau
- BBQ and a potluck hosted by Tony and Linda Gil
- Burn barrel and BBQ hosted by David Martin
- Treatbot Karioke Ice Cream Truck hosted by Mike Riese and Marc Shapiro
- Game Night and Decorate-it-Yourself Cupcakes hosted by Lynda Sereno
In 2009, Naglee Park National Night Out events included:
- Dessert Event and Children's Activities, hosted by Peter and Kris Dessau
- BBQ/potluck, hosted by Alan Hackler
- BBQ/Potluck,hosted by Dave and Jane Guinther
- BBQ/Potluck for neighbors and their dogs, hosted by Erik and Sheri Suomela
- BBQ/Potluck, hosted by The Thomson's
- Games and Refreshments featuring Naglee Park Produce, hosted by Lynda Sereno and Judy Hill