Welcome to Naglee Park
Naglee Park is a residential neighborhood in downtown San Jose, near San Jose State University. The boundaries of the neighborhood are Santa Clara Street, 11th Street, Interstate 280, and Coyote Creek. Click here to see open a Yahoo! map showing the general location of Naglee Park.
Many things make Naglee Park a unique neighborhood:
- It's home to many events sponsored by the Campus Community Association (CCA), including Bark in the Park, the Fourth of July Parade and Picnic, the Holiday Social, and Naglee Park Open Studios. In addition, CCA is involved in many projects that enhance and protect our unique neighborhood, such as Beautification, Friends of Coyote Creek, and an Historic Inventory. For a full list and details, see Events and Projects.
- The all-volunteer neighborhood association, CCA, celebrates more than 35 years as a non-profit public benefit corporation that promotes neighborhood spirit and improves the quality of life in the downtown community through education, awareness, group projects, volunteerism and community care. For more info, see About Us. To join, see Join CCA. Membership is just $15 and helps fund neighborhood projects and events.
- It's historic. Much of our neighborhood is built on the former estate of Brigadier General Henry M. Naglee and many of the homes in the neighborhood are historic. See Naglee Park History for details.
- It's delightfully walkable. Get out and meet your neighbors walking their pets, strolling with their children, or just taking in the evening air. Meet up for coffee and one of our local coffee houses, visit nearby galleries and museums, enjoy one of the many outdoor events downtown, relax at beautiful William Street Park, and admire our varied architecture and landscaping.
- We have a strong online community through our neighborhood email list. Learn the latest about downtown events and restaurants, get tips and advice on home care and services, learn about volunteer opportunities, and chat with your neighbors. For information on how to sign up, see Email List.
- Many residents are active in community projects and politics. To learn how you can help, see the Volunteer page.
- Over the years, we've compiled a lot of information about the neighborhood, including contact info for government representatives and services, business recommendations, and tips on historic building issues. For more information, see Resources.
We hope you enjoy Naglee Park as much as we do. See you around the 'hood!