The 18-month yard trimmings cart pilot program, which began in November 2009, will be ending on April 29, 2011. Weekly loose-in-the-street yard trimmings collection will return to the following week of May 2nd. Since yard trimmings cart service is a premium service, the city will be retrieving all the pilot yard trimmings carts unless the you call in to keep the cart and pay the normal monthly fee.
- April 5: Residents receive mailing
- April 20: Residents will have until April 20 to call the City’s Customer Contact Center at 408-535-3500 if they would like to keep the cart and pay the monthly fee ($4)*
- April 25 - 30: For residents who don’t call, the city will retrieve their cart(s) between April 25 - April 30; this may not always occur on collection day; customers will be advised to keep their cart out all week
- April 29: Pilot program ends
- May 1: Residents who don’t return the cart will begin to see the monthly fee on their next Recycle Plus bill*
- May 2: Weekly loose in the street collection returns to the pilot neighborhoods
* For residents who call in after April 20 to return their yard trimmings cart, the city will retrieve the cart and, as a courtesy, remove the monthly fee from their bill for up to two billing cycles.